How to activate tm sim Overview
TM is a telecommunications company in the Philippines that has been around since 2001. They provide mobile network services to customers across Asia and Africa with their globally-recognized brand name, “TM.”
Procedures to activate either a new 4G or 5G tm sim card
With the changing technologies in wireless communication, it is important to know how your phone will work with different networks. For example 4G LTE and 5 GtLTE SIM cards both have activation requirements but they offer differences when speed or bandwidth are concerned as well.
So before we provide several examples of this please note there isn’t any difference between a tm Sim card activated on either type lite network provided by them equally fast data transfer rates can be achieved depending upon what you need from your device
The TM network is one of the most affordable and reliable in this country, with its service available at low rates for both data consumption as well as voice calls. There are even offers that come freebies such a 4G LTE or 5g. You may have been eligible for Touch Mobile (Tm) services if your old sim card was not yet activated. In order to receive this benefit, simply follow these steps so as to activate your new sim card;
Preparing an unlocked device is important if you want to access the Internet while traveling. You should also double-check that your phone or tablet isn’t barred from connecting with other networks before purchasing one of these SIM cards, which are often freebies offered by hotels in foreign countries where they don’t have service yet.
- To get started, remove the SIM card tray or access slot and insert your own. There are no physical differences between cards ordered from TM Tambayan’s website or purchased at stores such as convenience stores/online resellers like Globe Online Shop & Lazada so just make sure it matches what is listed in their database.
- When you turn on your phone, get to the home screen and if requested enter in a PIN (Personal Identification Number) for verification. The silver foil of an initial SIM card package should be scratched off with no hassle.
- Your phone is now activated! The process should be completed shortly since data will download automatically. Once it’s done, you’ll have access to call history and text messages in addition with mobile web browsing on any browser or app of your choosing- all from one device.” Instead of calling or visiting your wireless service provider, TM recommends you text GO to 2951 in case the data connection isn’t working.
- If the SIM doesn’t seem to be active, TM suggests redeeming your freebie all new users are eligible for. Though it may change depending on what keyword is printed on their package or available through their website; however one thing remains constant-the welcome number 8080 will always help you get started.
When you want to confirm activation of your TM sim card, just call 801. You’ll hear a voice prompt that says “Welcome to the TM network, this is your first call….”.Please ignore the voice prompt that tells you to reload your call card. 801 is also used for this purpose.
So if you happened to hear the reloading procedure during your first call, then congratulations! Your SIM is already active and ready for use.
If the activation process is giving you problems, try refreshing your phone by turning it off and then back on again. If that doesn’t work either use another device or check with an internet provider to see if it’s a network issue.
Upgrading 3G or 4G tm sim card to 5G sim card
The activation procedure after upgrading a SIM from TM is identical, i.e., there are technically no steps but inserting the new one. However you need to go through several things before finishing switching over your 5G Tambayan account.
- Unscrew and remove the old 3G or 4G LTE SIM card from your device.
- Insert the new 5G Tm sim you bought online or even from a store or purchased from a Globe outlet freely.
- As soon as you reach the home screen, a pop-up message will appear preventing any other actions. Enter your 11 digit SIM card mobile phone number for 5G service and tap OK to complete this process.
- You’ll receive a confirmation SMS from 8080 stating that your upgrade to <phone number> has been successful.